Monday, January 23, 2012

Good Book(s) - Bad Book

Y'all know how much I loved link SARAH'S KEY by Tatiana de Rosnay. Have you had a chance to read it? Fantastic book, chock full of research results about a chunk of history that needs remembering... and all delivered with an analogous and current touch of fiction. A clear 10. But the follow-up by the same author, A SECRET KEPT... ugh... in my opinion, of course. Trite nonsense that tries to bring a fictional old story up to today's standard of (hopefully revised) judgment. So, why did I read (skim) it? 'Cause I bought it for my iPad, in good faith. It won't happen again, believe me. Reviews will count. Of course, there is something to be said for libraries. In contrast...

AN INVISIBLE THREAD by Laura Schroff and Alex Tresniowski is a terrific and inspirational read. A true story, it clearly demonstrates the destined connections we have to each other... and the good that can come from opening our hearts. On a personal note, I'm reminded of my quilting days. In an attempt to connect the threads of my own life, I'd use touches of other handmade items in each gift... a piece of thread or a swatch of fabric. 
I'm also reminded of a song lyric...

"...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." 
You know who wrote it. 


Now, it's on to EAST OF EDEN... for the third time. I need a fresh dose of Steinbeck; and I adore that book. Yes; I did buy the digital version. It's safe.


Happy Reading.