Monday, September 2, 2013

End-of-Summer Blues... Another Version???

iPhonePhoto'13
I know, I know. There are more Best Blues and Revised Best Blues on CMI than any one person needs. But as is often mentioned, "Anything... and I mean anything... goes," when you enjoy your cucina to its max. So it goes and so it goes...

The basic recipe is here. Today, I subbed about half white whole wheat flour; used coconut oil; and instead of topping with milk to make the two cups of liquid, I used water. Oh, and one more change: I used organic raw sugar from Trader's... still sweet, but less processed.

Topped with coconut and a spritz of PAM, they tantalized us with amazing aromas, as they baked. Surely, bad blues are chased away, when delicious blues join an end-of-summer hydrangea to be photographed in front of Mom's decorative Italian plate.

Buon Appetito.