Saturday, January 25, 2014

FYI - I Almost Killed MAC

MAC and I have a special relationship. No joke. See the ? He's completely converted me into an unbearable Apple addict.
For this I apologize. But nothing shall change. So be it.

My second admission? I'm a bottled-water addict, as well. I know, I know. The landfill. Sure, we own a Brita and I do pour quite often.
But mainly, there's a bottle in hand.

Combine the two addictions and what do you get? 
Apple Addict drinking Bottled Water next to MAC

This, my Friends, has become a dangerous combination. Yes, I've read all the warnings about consuming food and drink over delicate MAC. But after all, here sits a meticulously careful human being.
Doesn't matter. Not one iota. Consider this:

Amusing myself while immersed in the editing of a vacation blog, I grabbed for the bottle. Crush. Splat. Need more? Before I could blink, a black screen was staring me in the face. What to do? Quickly Google the symptoms on my phone, of course. Oh, dread.
Black Screen = Death By Water

But I got lucky, Friends. Very, very lucky. After several attempts at a reboot, finally there was success. For several hours, though, all I could see were $$$$$ signs floating about my retina, as well as the loss of photos I've not yet committed to an eternal save.

Lesson learned. Don't buy the crappy, crushable bottles… invest in sturdier ones. Ahem. What's the problem? Not the right lesson?
Just livin' on the edge...