Monday, March 15, 2010

Wahn-taw

Due to storm-related isolation yesterday, we were unaware of the problems existing elsewhere, not all that far from us. We were spared the devastation; but hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers remain without power and with costly damage to their homes and property. Our kids have school today; however, beginning with the county below us, such is not the case for so many. NEWSDAY photo:
Sparking memories, Wantagh, NY, made the national news last night; it was hard hit. This pretty little Nassau County town was not far from my childhood home in Massapequa. My Aunt Vee and cousins lived there, in the neatest retro ranch. I miss her calling me "Dolly". I miss her... period. It is said that I possess her outgoing, chatty personality and love of the beach. Me? Chatty? Gene pools are so very interesting to explore.
This photo would be circa the early 1930's... Aunt Vee on the right and her kid sister, my Mom, on the left...
check out that beach umbrella.