Tuesday, April 27, 2010

IDOL Pizazz


Elvis once sang this fave of mine: (link) "It was a night, oo-oo what a night it was, it really was such a night..." . Tonight's IDOL was... such a night! I almost didn't watch, as I'm not a fan of mentor Shania Twain's music; that has changed. She has some powerful material in her catalogue, and the six remaining contestants did it justice. Shania herself exemplified what mentors should be, in terms of enthusiasm, support and genuinely useful commentary. She sure got my attention... and... there was not a bad performance. Everyone glowed; but I think Crystal, our fave, was actually the weakest tonight. It's all about song choice! I loved Lee and Mike and Casey and Aaron. I think everyone deserves mention. As Joe said, "You know America got it right when the six remaining are all so good. You just don't know who should go home." We both thought Aaron, pictured above, was astoundingly terrific. Certainly, the emotion he displayed assured us that he sang from his heart. Tomorrow's elimination is going to be tough; no one "deserves" to go home. It shall be reduced to a popularity vote, this time 'round.