Sunday, April 11, 2010

Survivin' The Life

Sure do hope you remember my pal, (link) Michelle Gonzalez. Earlier this week, I received yet another surprise package from her, causing me to wonder, "What did I do to deserve this special human being and her family in my life?" I should be doing, doing for her... not the other way around. In a separate envelope came an invitation to a party to be held in Michelle's honor. Joe and I have never been invited to an "I Survived" party. Shivers of joy traveled up and down my spine and through my heart, when I opened this envelope. It is an absolute privilege to be thought of, as Michelle's treatment winds down, and she is here to celebrate the results. As I look at my springy feet and listen to my tinkling chimes and play my musical Somebunny card and read her letter and glance at the invitation, I think to myself, "What a wonderful child to love. Gracias."