Friday, April 2, 2010

Luxurious Locks

Our pooches are non-shedding breeds, each with hair and a supposed "do". Ike's coat has gotten thin, at the age of eleven; but, he's still pretty handsome, in spite of his German Shepherd ears. He's an Airedale Terrier.

Mambo has hair that is unbelievably thick and luxurious; it's to die for... and, it's like grass, in that you can seemingly watch it grow. When I posted his silhouette in this previous (link) entry, I thought his breeder would likely pass out from shock, should he come by my blog. You see, Big M. took to burying his face in snow and doing battle while under. This caused knots under the outer hair, pushing it all into into an indescribable do. The professional groomer threatened to shave him completely down. Of course, I wouldn't have that; so, I've been working on him for about an hour each day (formerly blogging time!). 

I was so pleased with his face and head, I decided, "Hey, why not? I can get rid of that entire winter coat." I did; and I'm thinking that he, too, looks mighty handsome this morning, as attested to by both his big-screen and fetch photos. Ya think? Well, that is if you don't know what a show cut is supposed to be for a Black Russian Terrier.....

Whatever. A little touching up here and there will do the trick; and I'm eighty-five dollars richer.

My new title: Nicki The Groomer... hmm, Ike is needing a trim.