Monday, February 14, 2011

Grammy Perspective

I loved the Grammys, this year - an amazing production, from start to finish! The fabulous tribute to Aretha was a great beginning; prayers go out to her. Then, it was on to a blend of something for everyone, with introductions of NEW talent for the old and OLD talent for the new. 

On Saturday, Chloe whispered in my ear: "G'ma, do you know Justin Bieber?" Moi, "I sure do, Sweetheart; do you like him?" Chloe, "Yes, but we (she and Hunter) call him 'Justin'. Mommy and Daddy call him 'Justin Bieber' (giggle, giggle)." Ah, music - ageless, timeless beauty to share over the generations. JB has a future, with fans like Hunter and Chloe. Smile. 

"Thanks" here to music pal, Andy, for introducing me to Arcade Fire, long ago. He can pick 'em. And then...

Y'all know that I adore Barbra; "Evergreen" is already linked for your listening pleasure, somewhere on CMI. And Mick afforded me, along with Bri and friends, one of THE most amazing concerts of my lifetime. I seriously want some of what he's taking. Then there's Dylan, who will withstand criticism for his long lost voice, but it matters not. Everyone in the room understood that they were in the company of genius. On to the astounding, new-to-me talent. Favorite of the night? Bruno Mars, along with Janelle and B.o.B. WOW-ZEE!! Bruno can sing to me, anytime: