Friday, February 4, 2011

Lovin' By Land Mail ♡

There is absolutely no question that good things come in small packages.... and so goes the tale of today's inspiration.

Y'all might recall my (link) post about Gavin's concert 'n' craft day, at Christmastime. I felt gifted by having shared in the holiday fun. I shot lots of pics - what better subjects than happy kindergartners? The lovely teacher asked if I'd share them. So, with the hope of representing most of the children, I compiled a montage and mailed it, along with a copy of my post, mentioned above. Little did I know that much appreciative lovin' would come back my way!

Excited, happy tears were abundant, as I read Mrs. B's wonderful letter, hand-signed by the children. It was accompanied by fabulous drawings and notes of thanks, from each child. The pictures, notes and signatures contained lots of ♥♥♥♥'s and LVE. I remain overwhelmed and look forward to making a booklet with the stack of artwork.

Two favorite references recur to me. First is Robert Fulghum's 
ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN. 
It should be mandatory reading for all of humanity, with its message of life's true meaning. Second is the incredibly profound Lennon/McCartney lyric... 
"And in the end, the love you take 
Is equal to the love you make."

Mrs. B, my Gavin and his beautiful classmates certainly made a lot of love happen. Thank you so much. 
ColorMeInspired