Friday, April 29, 2011

Don 'n' Phil

The Royal Albert Hall Reunion DVD is finally available, easily found at Amazon. It's about time, considering this concert was in 1983. But who cares? Not I. One song and I can feel myself at Freedomland, where, already a solid fan, I first saw them live and begged my parents to please stay for another show. They concurred that Don and Phil were worth the wait; so, we saw them twice in one day. That was in the early 1960's, when I was a young teen and the Brothers looked like the upper picture on the video case. Their music never seems old, though we've all lived lifetimes. Theirs are gifts straight from G-d. So many artists post-Everly have them to thank for direction. And I thank them right now for the share. Don and Phil. Just give me a blast from the past. There shall never again be such a phenomenon.