Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Day Of Hope

AP Photo
"...let love be genuine," said Kate's brother. Didn't you just feel Di's presence? I did, in more ways than one. I see her in the Prince's kind, calm elegance. And as the mother of sons, I so wish...

But the sun is shining on them, today. A sign? Yes; for sure. Perhaps this couple will have the good fortune to wear London's patina well. I've nothing but fond memories of our stay, in a hotel opposite the mews entrance to the Palace. We walked those streets, unnoticed and elated to be there. We shared incredible time with Christian, who spent a semester in the fabulous city. So different from the fishbowl that it has become to Kate, now married to the challenge. Still, "It's a day of hope...," said the Bishop. I buy into that, sincerely wishing them genuine love to see them through the peaks and valleys of life.

 Just beautiful. How lovely it would be to start each day with this genre of news.