Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sleep Interrupted

In my previous post, I neglected to mention that the Gourmet Waffle Fare was  presented somewhere in the vicinity of seven a.m., about an hour post-awakening. Nights were rough, with Chloe frequently calling out to me. Lucky Joe can sleep through anything... need I say more with reference to this arena? But, you've gotta love the enthusiasm for sunrise and the beginning of a new day.
When sleep deprivation ultimately caught up with me, Joe corralled the kids downstairs, closed our bedroom door, and let me sleep in. When I wandered down, there were all of the children's "friends", being taught proper nutrition. Gotta laugh at their mimicry of our obsession. Joe moved Gran's bowl from the dining room table, so that Hunter could set up properly, as Chloe worked the grocery cash register from the great room. Her pal, Diego, colored at the kitchen island, while Mambo guarded a stolen sock and wondered, "Is it ever again going to be 'normal' around here?"
Not to worry... I keep a supply of emptied, cleaned food vehicles just for this purpose. They reside in the downstairs playroom "store", along with the cash register. This remodeling took a lot of work and stair-climbing. Do you like the look? :-)

I ask, "Who needs Fisher Price?"

An Observation: I'd purchased a multi-pack of dried cereals, so as to have a choice for the kids. I hid the "bad" ones; not sure WHY? I didn't just toss them. Hunter managed to find Fruit Loops, amongst the banned boxes. He somehow (ahem) finagled Gramps into a sugary pre-breakfast. Look hard at the plate/box in front of him, on the table. MenAlways in cahoots... gotta love 'em.