Friday, April 29, 2011

Crayola Connection ♡

 There was nothing like opening a box of brand new tips, when I was a kid. I've no recollection of a favorite candy - but crayons? Ah, yesActually, they still do it, for me. I'm easy. My Baby Grands are lovin' life in color, too. Wherever and whenever, if armed properly, I've got their attention.  

Here's Gavin on Easter morning. We shared a happy brunch at his home. He's always anxious to split from the table, to play. I suggested he stay put to participate in a coloring jam session. Subject? How 'bout the characters from the MR. MEN and LITTLE MISS books? New to me, as you might recall, it seems that his Mommy had a few from her childhood (Tigger, I hope you're reading). Here's one about mischief-makers. Ah, "...like Mother like Son," admitted Kelly. Gav can curl up in incredible positions and found the floor rather comfy for the task at hand.  
Big Sis Aubs worked her entry on the table, surrounded by remnants of Easter fare. Her masterpiece included a character from yet another book by Roger Hargreaves, enhanced by her own exquisite  landscape. She's progressed nicely and now attempts to depict her work in 3-D. Time flies, in color.

Back at the ranch, I'm known to maintain an art drawer, having done so since my own were babes. 'Tis a place where children of all ages can find supplies. I'm an enabler. One never knows when a creative urge might strike. Here's Chloe in a quiet moment, off by herself at our dining room table. All the Grands love that room and table, often requesting to have even so little as a snack there. I sure hope this affection is the result of countless hours spent breaking bread, sharing stories and coloring, too. I recall an Easter past when I set a tablecloth of craft paper and armed each of the Grands with supplies. After finishing meals, they were to decorate their places, as they wished... all this to keep them with us for a tad longer, before requests to be excused were executed. Foxy G'ma.

Not to worry about choice, as I well know that variety is the spice of life. This trip, Hunter preferred to work on book compilations for his loved ones, with illustrations in pencil. However, he could always be enticed by paint. Here, he works on his future room. You see, his family is having a new home built. He'd like his space to be Crayola inspired; so, he chose vibrant colors for each wall. The results were spectacular, needing only parental approval.