Thursday, December 8, 2011

Joe's Red Pepper 'n' Tomato Soup

My Joe actually picked up a few boxes, last time we visited Trader's. He's come to realize that he actually does like roasted red peppers. It's the aroma. Nothing makes the house smell purtier than the charring thereof. I digress...

He devoured the entire first box and reported soup to be delicious. I made a meal out of the second one, adding pre-cooked barley and chicken. OMGI emphatically attest to his opinion. This is outrageously wonderful, with endless possibilities for incorporating into any menu, plain or enhanced. 

BE SURE to buy the low sodium version... it's perfect and safe, at only 140mg per cupful. The bonus? It's gluten-free.

Very few prepared items make their way into my cupboard. You can count the cans on one hand... and then there are those boxed Pomì tomatoes. But let me go on record as saying that I'll stock up on this newly discovered item by the case, next time we visit the other Joe.

Trader Joe, won't you consider taking up residence a little closer to Monti? A recipe for success...