Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Twas The Night Before...

Always on Christmas Eve, I'm reminded of Christian at eight years old. Santa's bounty wasn't due till the next morning, and yet my Babe lamented at the end of a beautiful night that he was a little sad. He loved the anticipation, the preparations, the palpable warmth of our home during a month of thinking about others... and then, the Eve. I always thought that to be an astounding expression for such a young child. But it was in keeping with his never having a list of coveted things, as children do.  

I know I've told this before... my apologies... but the operative word here is "always".

Isn't it amazing that there it is... right in front of us... the true meaning for all to grasp, even our very young children. 
Especially our very young children. 

May yours and ours be blessed in the belief that the gifts of love and peace truly do reign supreme, as we capture the embrace...

...and prayerfully remember those who are suffering in any way, as we hold them in our hearts, too.


"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"