Monday, September 24, 2012

Pages From My Dad's Life ♥

So, today is Great Grandpa Gus's birthday - my Dad. Like Gavin, I sure do miss (link) Great Grandpa Gus. I thought to take a page or two from his life, to share here on CMI. The war days. With Dad overseas, my very young Mom diligently kept the photos. The stories Dad told me repeatedly, at my request, are harbored here. The old and tattered album is a treasure trove of memories. Please left double-click on photos for a closer view.
The Belgian family. These were Dad's friends; they sheltered him and his compadres with love, grounding them for the hopeful return to their own cherished ones. You know, I feel my Dad's presence here, right now, as I wish I could say, "Daddy, please tell me about your friends, again."
Then, there is the picture of movie-star-gorgeous Mom that she had taken at Eva's Farm, right near our current home. Upon receipt, Dad had it cropped and reproduced to the amazing result seen here.
The apart years. They've become far too long, since he again left us in 1976. But still, he is such an integral part of me. I love him so much. Today, I'll bake chocolate cake. 

A Birthday. Forever in my heart and soul... images embedded in my mind.