Thursday, March 27, 2014

Cold Feet

Retail Therapy at Sunrise
Thoughts of Gran have been prevalent, of late. Must be 'cause her birthday is coming up. Or maybe it's 'cause a good friend of CMI told me he enjoyed a recent Gran anecdote. She'd love that, especially coming from a man. She was a flirt. I thank him. Gran thanks him.
Back to today's topic, a problematic pair...

My feet. Ugly as sin, with genetically acquired crooked toes that now make me smile daily, considering the connection. Thanks, Dad. Besides, the entire Hawaiian population walks around in flip-flops, gross digits or not. A turning point, that trip!
And how this relates to Gran…

The Old Homestead's foyer boasts a gorgeous black slate floor. Thick stone, set in concrete… forever cool, in every sense of the word. Since 1971, each of our pooches has found therapeutic values there, as have my all-seasons-bare feet. I love cold feet.
But when Gran would come for long visits, she'd read me the riot act...
"Honey, you need to put something on your feet. Otherwise, you'll develop arthritis, when you're my age."
Lucky for me, that never happened. 
Hanging 'round barefoot or in flip-flops all winter long does have its ramifications, though.
Nothing a pumice stone won't cure. Even better? Get past the image of wearing socks to bed and spend
just a few nights doused in therapeutic, organic
Coconut Oil.
Time to think Spring.
Time for smooth heels 'n' toes.
Time to move bare feet or flip-flops to green grass and ocean sands.
Time for a sunrise session of retail therapy..
Time for some appropriately named "Shaved Ice" from Hawaii.

Now, before I get another variety of cold feet and decide not to post "Cold Feet",
here goes...

This post is dedicated to Niece Vicki, who loved to taunt me with her perfect toes, as we sunbathed during many a summer vacation.