Saturday, March 15, 2014

Matthew McConaughey Again?

Jeesh, I'm becoming obsessed. But I have to tell you, we're two episodes shy of catching up on the HBO series, "True Detective". It's a feat, on MM's part, to get my attention, as there's a bit more violence than I can normally tolerate. But outweighing that fact is the incredible character development, throughout. Wow! And the synopses after each episode really add to the depth of the story, pointing out details one might have missed.

Woody Harrelson's fabulous, too, but he's not a contender for bumping my current favorite actor out of his #1 spot. Mr. M, on the other hand, is… and, if he wins an Emmy for this performance, he'll go down in history as the first to acquire Oscar and Emmy in one season. Highly recommended. On the other hand...

…is the movie, "Gravity". Ugh. Just bludgeon me. Once George was out of the literal picture, there was over an hour of Sandra grunting, groaning and spinning. Mentioned in fairness, Joe did enjoy it.