Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Bedecked, Bejeweled 'n' Beloved… C'est Moi!

I'm a lucky gal. With a super-duper family and great friends, it's a win-win sort of deal. Always, I think of my parents, as I awaken on my birthday. Imagine. Two full-term pregnancies lost… three babies - a boy and twin girls. And yet they tried again. Here I am. And again, three years later. My brother. They deserved purple hearts for bravery, especially considering that this happened so many years ago, before the age of medical miracles. Must have been G-d's own. 
My Joe. He makes me feel like a queen every day, but always manages that extra touch on my special day. Balloons and jewels, card and cake… and pure, sweet love. Thank you so much, Honey. And thanks for transplanting that "baby" holly tree from the Old Homestead to the LakeHouse, where tradition continues and where…
We are really and truly being bedecked by a great crew of carpenters, headed by Aaron. The rain held off, the sun came out in its brilliant glory and the work actually started. And then...
In spite of long days at work, camp and karate, BKAG came over to celebrate with a swim, pizza and cake. We fêted Kelly, as well, in honor of her July 12th birthday. Enjoyed every second of noisy fun.
Special thanks to Kim, Vick, Ron and Mary, Tigger, Andy, Karin, Christiane, Evelyn, Linda and Howard, Mads, Bonnie and Dale, Michelle and of course…

Can't forget Mambo, out on the portico bright and early with me for a first cuppa and breakfast with Bambi.
And still… STILL!... there's Sunday, when we head to CDHCL's for a shared birthday celebration with Christian. Can't wait to continue the party with more of my beautiful family.

Color Me!