Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cozy Up To COZI TV

Wintry weekend mornings occasionally find us back in bed with a first cuppa and the TV on. Ah, what luxury to be enjoyed in our recently redecorated space, gorgeous in its utter simplicity. However...

Early Saturday viewing choices are poor, so upon coming across an obscure sub-channel, we stopped. The Lone Ranger had caught our attention. We watched him and Tonto, in awe of fifties memories that flooded back. The dynamic duo did not quite finish conquering the wild west; next up were Hopalong Cassidy and Red. Joe was excited. He loved Hoppy, as a kid. Moi? Wasn't a fan. Jeesh, not to criticize members of my current niche, but he looked too old for my youthful taste. My favorite shall forever be Roy…

Gorgeous Gran
You know... Roy Rogers and Trigger, Dale Evans and Buttercup, Pat Brady and Nellybelle, and, last but not least, Bullet. Yep, I was once in love with the King Of The Cowboys and watched him religiously on childhood Saturday mornings. He just has to be somewhere on (link) COZI, wouldn't you think? Found...

It's true - today is Thursday. But hey, on Instragram it's known as Throwback Thursday. Why not? It's cloudy and only in the twenties, this morning. Where am I going? Ten-thirty a.m. is just fine for me… and what better throwback? I've a date with Roy. But wait, there's more...

Gran. A frequent star of my blog. When Ronnie and I were kids, she took us to THE Garden, as in Madison Square, to see Roy's rodeo production. As though it happened yesterday, I recall leaning over the first-tier rail, arm and hand extended. When Roy and Trigger rode by, his entourage close behind, he and I touched hands… 

Thanks for the memory, Gran. You are forever loved, cherished and remembered in my very being…

Now, please excuse me while I enjoy my rendezvous. You must try COZYing up, too. Meanwhile… happy trails to you!