Monday, January 31, 2011

Secret Soup



Little bits of this 'n' that got tossed into a soup pot, this morning. 'Twas an unlikely combo, in mild cabbage, butternut squash, sweet onion, white potatoes, carrots, garlic and fresh ginger. The veggie drawer is currently empty. 
On a hot element, I sautéed veggies in a couple tablespoons of EVOO, seasoned with paprika and pepper. After some nice color developed, I deglazed and covered with filtered water... chicken or veggie broth would have been better, but my larder is bare. I let it simmer for a couple of hours and then creamed the whole shebang with the immersion blender. In went a package of cut-up tofu noodles that I first nuked, as per package directions. To finish, I seasoned with more pepper and parsley, ladled into pretty bowls and garnished with plain, fat-free Chobani. We enjoyed its delicate flavor.

"What makes it a secret?" you ask. Joe can never know the ingredients. Shhhh. Buon Appetito.