Monday, January 3, 2011

Switch A Preposition For A Proposition

Michelle, Michael and Marc
Christmas 2010
Michelle is struggling and she needs our prayers. The aggressive form of eye cancer she suffers from was thought to be in remission, with surgery, lengthy chemotherapy and radiation treatments seemingly successful. Sadly, the disease has metastasized. It is in the spirit of her sense of fun that I share this little anecdote:

Bri gave me a heads up before we attended the New Year's Eve party of friends: "You might want to bring slippers, 'cause theirs is a shoe-free home." No problem; but what to choose? A quick glance south revealed my holiday-red toes poking out from last year's gift from Michelle. I've been clomping over long ribbon ends since then; a trim was in order. I'm anticipating Michelle's laughter and approval, when I tell her of my rescue mission.

Party night, I received many compliments, elicited by my "designer" footwear. After repeated "thanks" and explanations, I was inspired to think, "I can do this." Thus, the preposition/proposition:

I'm creating "Fabulous Flippers by for Michelle". Need a few for yourself or gifts? Please link here to choose flip-flop size and color, as well as an alternative color, just in case. Add to this info shade choices for 2, 3 or 4 ribbons; I'll do my best. Cost is $12.00 per pair + one-price domestic shipping of $3.00, for one or multiple-pair orders. Turnaround time shall be in the 2-week+ range, depending on Old Navy's service. $10.00 per pair will go to Michelle, along with your name and address. Does this sound okay? I welcome suggestions. 
firemark16@hvc.rr.com
This post was written with love and hope.