Sunday, January 30, 2011

What To Do?

Yesterday afternoon, it occurred to us that we'd done nothing memorable to mark the day. An earlier stop at Home Depot, combined with errands, inspired us to find something pretty to shoot; so we headed to the Rio. Unfortunately, it resembles a frozen tundra, and our Baldies have departed for open waters. I'm told that they currently favor the Hudson River and can be found at various viewing points. Not an option. Ooooh-kay. What to do?
We thought conditions might  be perfect for snowshoeing; and they were. Mambo was ecstatic, when he saw the equipment on the driveway; he's always ready to hit the woods. Genius that he is, he knows to stay behind his human, thus allowing Joe the privilege of cutting a nice trail for us. Smile. An icy underlayer made a perfect platform for all the fresh snow. Gorgeous. Joe and I carried cameras; there were tons of photo ops. I stopped often. Not to worry, though, as I was being guarded. How sweet the canine welcome, when I approached my men.
We exited the woods from a different spot, this time. Twenty-eleven marks forty years of living in this beautiful abode that we built. Odd that I'd never taken the time to enjoy it from this approach. How pretty, the woodsy view! Then, there's full view, and my heart tingles for all the memories harbored by the Old Homestead.