Thursday, October 1, 2015

Dad ♡




In the world of Instagram, today would qualify as a Throwback Thursday. I'm taking advantage, as I never posted Dad's birthday entry, last Thursday, September 24th. We were traveling the second leg of our journey home, during which Ronnie and I shared some good memories, via text. And Joe and I did Cracker Barrel choco cake with lunch, as well, 'cause it has been our tradition to celebrate the gift of the day with Dad's favorite. Typically, I bake; but that didn't work, last week. We also shed a few tears, though it has always been my mission to happily remember the good times, speaking of which…




You've seen all these pictures and heard their related stories before, here on CMI. But some things are so worth repeating. And our memories of Dad, even after thirty-nine years of his departure, remain intact and as vivid as always. He was loved. He IS loved. He is thought of multiple times on a daily basis... 





Ron and I enjoyed our early morning exchange via text. Baby Bro won't mind my sharing some of our conversation, I know. It's all about keeping Dad's beauty alive. He was simply the best.