Thursday, September 16, 2010

If You Know What I Mean ♡

Lookin' Back. This anecdote is bittersweet. It's not meant to evoke sadness, but rather to cherish memories... and I'd like it to go to print as such, with my next CMI book. It was inspired by ten happy years today for Bri and Kell.

We had planned to celebrate our first decade of marriage on October 16th, 1976, with my parents, whose anniversary was October 10th. Ever so sadly, my Dad died on October 7th of that year. We were utterly destroyed, as a family, and found ourselves in somewhat of a fog. 
Then came December. 

We had to make a fun holiday for Brian and Christian, who were only six and three, each impacted in a child's way by the loss of a loving and devoted Poppy. So, Santa got busy and mustered up lots of cheer for Christmas Eve and morn. When all quieted down, Joe steered me to the dining room hutch, where I found a little belated gift. I've worn my ten-year anniversary ring and all its memories, ever since.  

"I closed my eyes and I could make it real and feel it one more time." 
ND circa 1976