Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jungle Habitat

When just a little boy, my Brian appropriately named our neck of the woods Jungle Habitat. On with the theme...

At 10-something a.m., I glanced out my front door to see a red fox on Jim's front lawn. Luckily, my Nikon was adorned with a zoom. I captured Big Red strolling onto the street, about 150 feet from me. Please left double-click the image, for closer viewing.

It's not a normal occurrence to see this species in broad daylight. He's either sick, attracted by food the family leaves out for feral cats (a promise to Jim, before his death)... or... maybe Red is looking to munch on an actual feline. I hope Wandering Jelly stays safe (previous post).

Sending out special thoughts to Jim, who would immensely enjoy this photo with his very own gardens in the background.