Saturday, March 5, 2011

Grand Art... In Like A Lion

Joe picked the kids up from school, yesterday, while I stayed home to begin the Early Bird Special; they are so hungry, after a long day. In the car, Aubs began looking through Gavin's backpack. Little Mother wanted to see what his day in kindergarten produced. When she pulled out the famous Lion Of March, Gavin said, "Please give that to me, Aubrey. G'pa, I made this for you and I didn't even know you were picking us up." 
Joe was touched.

The ride progressed, and they asked where I was. Joe told them, at which point Gavin chimed in, "G'pa, give me my lion back, please. This is for G'ma." He walked in with a hug and a lion, saying, "G'ma, I didn't even know I was coming here and I made this for you, today." 
I was touched.
Joe couldn't wait to tell me the story, over dinner. We've not stopped laughing. Little politician or little love? Kids truly do think and say the darnedest things.

On other Grand Art notes, Gavin just about emptied his backpack, gifting us most of his creative stash. Please note that I was in his class, helping with the 100-day pic. Yep; seems that G'ma had her own grandson put that numeral on in the backwards. Mrs. B. has probably already fired me, as Class Grandmother. :-) 

While here, Aubrey colored the fab dinosaur from a new Melissa & Doug book that I recently purchased. I love their stuff... quality, all the way. As she was leaving, she said, "G'ma, I'd like for you to have this."

Grand Art... isn't it grand?! 
ColorMeInspired