Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Interrupted

It's been a long, cold winter. That's my excuse for having some fun with coffee filters. I'd been waiting for Aubs to help with the wreath I had intended to craft. She's a very busy gal, though, and patience is not my greatest virtue. 
There are many tutorials on the Internet, if you're not already familiar. A few weeks back, I used Crayola's method, with Aubs. Using their watercolor markers, it's a breeze to get sweet results. Aunt Peaches has a nice tutorial, too. Just Google the item and take your pick. Today, I was shooting for a soft look. Using three containers and acrylic paints with water, I scrunched up countless filters and left them soaking. I stacked them wet and wrung them out, before drying. I like the effect; and my Pottery Barn vase never looked prettier... the wreath is on hold.
Under the latest hit of snow, my daffodils are sprouting. Soon, the real thing will blend beautifully with this temporary burst of color. Hope you like.