Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Primavera THIS...A Recipe Of Sorts

Not Just For Pasta
You know the drill; and I did say, "Of sorts." In keeping with thinking Spring, I'm hittin' the veggies hard. When I bake skinless chicken, I automatically spread them around the poultry, so that they are ready to fulfill my every whim: red peppers, sweet onions, carrots, asparagus, etc. No order from Chinatown Kitchen is without a quart of plain, steamed broccoli - this fills in for 'tween trips to the farm stand.

I say "my every whim" because Joe could happily live without shades of green. But I'm trying to switch Mambo to my side. He loves carrots and cucumbers; I cannot take the peeler from the drawer without the appearance a big, soft, black head at the counter. He tried a raw broccoli stem, this morning; one less for my egg-white omelette, but it was worth the photo shoot. I'm thinkin' that he's not reached any conclusions, quite yet. Gotta smile.

How do you like his "do"? 
I groom his face and head... and his fancy tail. He manufactures hair, as proven by this pic from just last week, with the remainder having gone into the Dyson bucket.
When I texted the shot to Joe, he was concerned that Mambo had been shaven down. Not the case, at all. Joe would not have noticed, were it not for proof.

Sweet nothins make for lots of lovin'. ♥ Didn't Brenda Lee set that thought to music, when she wasn't sayin', "I'm sorry?" Reminding me...

Did I tell you about the teen summer when I drove Gran crazy by playing and replaying the latter, all vacation long? Another day. It's reaching a hot 'n' steamy forty degrees, today; time to stop talking. Cheers, y'all.