Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action

"Eagle Etiquette 101" requires bird-watchers to remain in their respective vehicles, or otherwise risk punishment by feather-beating. No joke. There are signs all around the Rio, requesting the above; the birds are fussy about intruders. Hmmm. I guess. But what about roaring engines, as many cruise the road to choose the best focal point, glaring at others who might already occupy such valuable real estate? No friendly waves, here. Hey, I'm happy to see a bird. And Joe's happy to sit on the inside, allowing me my fun, as he snaps away to capture me capturing baldies. We're a perfect couple, don't you think... in tandem.
Lots of action, today. Lots. Pity the sun didn't shine in a cerulean sky. We did our best with the available light and enjoyed some new-to-us sights, such as big bird sipping water from the reservoir... and a differently beautiful juvenile.