Thursday, March 28, 2013

So, Let Us Talk Lettuce - More Pesto


While washing boatloads of romaine and red lettuce, yesterday, I thought to myself, "Why not?" Thus was borne Parsley-Lettuce Pesto. We quickly devoured the first batch of just-parsley and found ourselves wanting more... and more. I doubt that I'll ever indulge in the oily, salty, strong-tasting basil variety again. Why bother, when less seems like so much more?? 

This time 'round, I crammed as many lettuce leaves into the (link) earlier equation and used a combo of toasted pine and walnuts, as well as some roasted garlic. Be sure to crisp washed lettuce in fridge for a few hours, before using. You'll be amazed by the crunch in your end product.
Pesto, Cucumber, Avocado and Spicy Mustard on a Roll
Adorning a veggie-eggwhite omelette
Buon Appetito!