Monday, April 22, 2013

Music To My Ears - Billy Joel, Maybe??

Hot off the ROLLING STONE press:


Billy Joel performed his first full concert in over three years this weekend at the Stone Music Festival in Sydney, Australia. He stuck largely to the hits, though he did break out the album cuts "The Entertainer," "Zanzibar" and "Don't Ask Me Why." The 19-song set ended, of course, with "Piano Man." Though very few of the performances are on YouTube, someone did capture the vast majority of "She's Always a Woman."
Joel is contemplating a return to the road, and he's using the Stone Festival and his upcoming New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival gig as a test run. 
"I'm putting my toe back into the water to see how performing feels," he told Rolling Stone earlier this month. "That doesn't mean I'm going to walk away right after if I don't like how they go, but if I do like how they go, I'll probably end up booking some more gigs."