Friday, July 1, 2011

It's A Fake Lake!




We were close to the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge, as we dined alfresco, yesterday. The ferry pulled in and allowed passengers to descend upon the river-walk... 'twas nice to see people simply enjoying the simple things in life.

After a few more business calls, we crossed and headed to Danbury, where my favorite Trader's is located. I can't even guesstimate how many times we've passed the exit sign for Lake Carmel. Hundreds, at least, would be the best offer. Carmel is my middle name; thus the interest. 

"Why have we never checked out L-C?" asked I of Joe.
"I don't know," responded he, as we flew by the sign at about 70 mph. Ahem. Possibly the reason?

So, I looked her up in Wiki. Man-made. 
Yep. A fake lake. 
(I think I'm repeating myself, here. Sounding familiar?)