Monday, January 25, 2010

Girl Talk

My Gran's up again... yes, I think she is responsible for my love of braids. As was the style of her generation, she had very long hair that she twisted into a bun every day. The "do" suited her gorgeous features quite well. But the best part was at nighttime, when she'd brush out those silver locks, ultimately braiding them for sleepin'. Mostly, I remember one long, fat braid; but she occasionally wove two.

For years, Aubs wouldn't let anyone touch her hair to put it in braids or pony tail(s), depriving G'ma of some serious playtime. Suddenly, though, at the age of seven, she has decided that a one-braid "do" is acceptable. She especially likes the waves it creates when she frees it. What a girl. We're working on French braiding; I'm almost there... but mousse is in order... although, the friend who braided...

...this gorgeous girl's locks tells me to structure while hair is wet. Cute story here... Little Friend was at the birthday party yesterday. Aubs came to find me in the crowd, excitedly telling me that she had to show me how pretty her hair looked. She led me by the hand to behold this beauty; and we decided that we're gonna keep at this braid thing.

Now, my littlest Girl Grand loves to sit and have her hair "done". This gorgeous creation was done by moi; I'm so proud... smile. Now her hair is about three times as long... and a big, blonde mop! I'm itchin' to do some art work here, but today's visit wasn't quite long enough. Soon we'll bond with some lovin' Girl Talk, while I have some fun.

Blessings all.