Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's A Grand Day...

...for our Grand. Turning six is pretty special, you know! During our phone conver-
sation this morning, I asked, "What is the best thing about being six, Honey?" He responded, after a few seconds of thought, "I can do more things by myself."

This little boy redefines sweetness in more ways than I can say. Deep and thoughtful, he's always concerned for everyone's feelings; and he expresses love in beautifully chosen words. Add to that his love of laughter, music, books, imaginary games, long walks (while he rides his tractor), skiing, his little sister and his new puppy..... well, you know; I can go on and on. Suffice it to say that pictured here we have an Explorer, an Entertainer (Joe's sit-up bench is a stage with a built-in microphone; can you tell?), a Kindergartner, and a very special Birthday Boy, whom we love so dearly... our gift on this date.

Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy; we sure do love you!