Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Godfather

Photo/Text Credit:
NINE NINE EIGHT: THE GLORY DAYS OF BUFFALO SHOPPING, Michael F. Rizzo

My Godfather made a bit of Buffalo, NY, history in this linked book. Yes, he followed in the footsteps of his Dad, my Grandfather and namesake, Nicholas, who found his own calling in the Big Apple Garment District, waaaaaaaaay back when. For my friends and family visiting today, the "N." in "David N." stands for Nunzio, aka, my Uncle Nunz, Mom's brother. Godfather/Unc switched his name around for business purposes; but the family always stuck to the real deal. Rhoda, I know you're chuckling; looking forward to your e-mail.

Don't forget to left double-click on the photo, in order to check out the price of the luxurious housecoat. Can you imagine hanging around looking like this? Them, thar were the good ole days... or not!

Thanks for the find, Cousin Nicole.
(To note: We like keeping derivatives of names in the family.)